Laos 2

Laos 3

Laos 4

Laos 5

Laos 6

Laos 7

Thailand 1

14. Dec, 1995

After walking around saying goodbye to Vientiane – we took a tuktuk out to the airport. Counted our left over Kips & was short on 50 to pay for our over extended visas – the officials laughed & forgave us. Goodbye Laos you were a wonderful surprise.!!!!! Hello Bangkok – life is different here - everything is working fast & the pollution is enormous. Shared a cap into Khao San rd. with 2 Germans - ! Got out of the taxicab & ran into Perry – what a wonderful surprise - he was leaving for Australia 2 hours later. Ran over to Kim’s favourite guest house Paradise & got a room. Went back out in the streets & had a goodbye drink with Perry. Then we booked a small trip out to the island Koh Samet not far away from Bangkok.

15.-16.-17.-18.dec

All these days were spend on the bounty look alike small island of Koh Samet rented a small hut with a nearby restaurant – and did NOTHING but tanning – swimming -eating & watching video (3 in a row every night) – It was pure relaxing – the sun & the turquoise blue ocean – made Copenhagen very far away.

19.dec

Left Koh Samet on the same old boat we got here on – sailed back to the harbour & into the mini bus – headed back to Bangkok. ½ way the bus gave up & left us standing in the middle of the highway – do I have to tell the sun was on full speed. Waited hours – but finally another minibus agreed to bring us back to Khao San rd. We arrived thirsty & hungry & very sweaty! Got a new room in Paradise. Found a letter from David saying that he left for his Christmas holiday island. Had a shower & met Kim – we decided to celebrate early Christmas later that night. Ate at a Swedish restaurant across the alley. Met Kim & all our friends & had a wonderful – funny & wet party.

20.dec

Thai whisky is good to get drunk on – you hardly get hangovers – so today we went shopping – first we went to the post office to pull out some money & then we went out & bought silver bracelets & earrings & sarongs – went home & met Kim who needed a shower – before she left for her island – she gave us a flight ticket to leave at the Thai Air counter in the airport for her brother to pick up! & then she left – hope to see her again some day. We packed our backpacks & left them across the street at the travel agency – we were wearing all our winter clothes & felt a bit warm! Found our way to “No Name” restaurant & ate our last Tom Yam soup. A strange guy came over to entertain us – he was stoned! Another died of an O.D. & when we waited for our minibus out in the street a strange woman in a long dirty silk dress passes us – totally stoned. The weirdoes are out tonight & we were leaving. In the airport running to the gate (Bangkok airport is awful big) somebody grabbed my arm - it was Xavier our old friend from the travel in 93 – ( he was going home to France for an interview – he lives in Cambodia ) - the one place of all to meet – Bangkok International Airport! Now we are on our way home – it has been a super wonderful trip & I meet so many lovely Bestfriends. ( I hope to meet them all again some day!)

And I did - now in 2001 we’re all one bunch of Friends – travelling & meeting each other across borders - we keep in contact by emails & real mail & telephone calls! I feel lucky that I met you! I really love you all!!!!

© HannaBnana 1995-2004